Answer introductory questions, due on Friday March 5, 7pm (NYC)
Present yourself online to each other and to your professor — answer these questions:
1. In what city are you located?
2. What media / discipline do you consider your primary mode of expression?
3. If applicable, what other disciplines / media do you work in?
4. Are there any media / discipline that you are interested in, but haven’t yet tried?
5. What do you consider your best creative workspace? (Studio/ office/ desk/ kitchen/ park/ other). Please include secondary workspaces too, if any exist.
6. What artists have inspired you, recently or in a distant past time? (Of any discipline)
7. What current or recent events (personal, local, national, worldwide) have affected you? Please pick at least one event affecting you positively, and one affecting you negatively. Specify which is which. (Note: You can pick more than one in each of the positive/ negative categories, if you feel inclined to do so, but you need to substantiate at least one in each category)
8. Please provide an image of yourself.
9. In a maximum of 3 sentences, please describe why you chose this class.
10. Please share one image of the area where you will be located during the course. This can be an image of your house/ apartment/ studio (interior/ exterior), or street, neighborhood, city. A simple snapshot is sufficient. It should give us a strong idea of a piece of your local environment.
11. Provide a one-line caption of your choice for this photo. (Some examples: Corner store that I frequent everyday; Studio where I work and share with a friend; Apartment where I live/ study/ work alone or with 5 cats and two family members; Main street of the city where I live and shop, and also near where I grew up; my favorite apartment corner, and so on)
12. What is an area (accessible to you) that you are curious about? (one real place, one virtual)
13. Add one media piece related to who you are and another related to maps or spaces (anything goes: drawing/ photo/ video/ audio/ btw 3-5 mins. max)- have a little fun.
PLEASE NOTE: .jpg and .png image files; mp3 audio files; .docx and .pdf files can all be uploaded in the online studio below. If you have a large file (over 10mb) please provide a direct link to a player or a cloud service. When providing cloud links, please be sure to make available to all without the need to login to the service.